Exceeding safety compliance, establishing safety commitment
Utilities leaders from around the world turn to BST consultants to help them solve safety and performance challenges because we bring extensive knowledge of and experience in the areas that affect them most. Our utilities practice experts offer solutions targeted to your specific needs. BST’s solutions include:
- Approaches for keeping up with regulatory requirements – Utility operators need reliable, cost-effective measures for meeting safety requirements. BST helps you develop comprehensive safety solutions that streamline programs and leverage culture for behavioral reliability.
- Environmental, health, and safety improvement practices – BST works alongside utility safety professionals to coordinate practices that prevent incidents that could cause harm to people, property, or the environment.
- Process safety management development – Utility organizations need a way to ensure comprehensive and consistent execution across all levels and shifts. BST can help you develop an integrated approach to safety that builds on the foundation of traditional process safety management to create a reliable safety process that integrates culture and leadership characteristics.
- Occupational health and safety improvement practices – Protecting the safety, health, and welfare of all employees is paramount in the utilities industry. BST works with you to reduce occupational injuries, improve organizational functioning, and develop strong safety leadership.
- Sustainable culture improvement – Understanding the state of your culture is a key component of safety change management. BST’s culture change experts and validated diagnostic tools provide insight into your current performance and actionable data for designing an effective change strategy.
- Catastrophic incident prevention – Even the most effective technical and management systems alone are not enough to eliminate catastrophic events. BST works with you to strengthen your technical and management systems, improve communication, implement new metrics, and create a framework of leadership behaviors that drive an effective catastrophic incident prevention culture.
- Data-driven safety improvement – BST helps you leverage observation data, inspection reports, verification audit information, and other safety metrics to identify, track, and eliminate the exposures confronting your energy and utility sites.