Six Steps to Changing Your Company’s Safety Culture
Creating culture change that really sticks is a challenge for any company. But for freight railway, BNSF, the road to lasting transformation meant overcoming entrenched values and decades-old practices to address serious injuries and achieve the company’s best-ever safety record and over a 60% drop in recordable incidents.
Greg Fox, former head of operations at the railway, explains the keys to his company’s success and how you can apply them to your own safety culture change process. He discusses:
- What drives safety transformation
- How leaders need to approach change
- Where to begin your safety improvement effort
- Creating consistency and focus across leadership groups
- Getting people across the organization to commit to safety